The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) is grateful to the many patients and members whose stories and care have made this site possible. The Academy works to ensure all patients have access to the best care, when and where they need it. Stories of patients like you are a critical piece of this effort’s success.
If you are interested in seeing what the AAOS is doing to enhance and extend orthopaedic care to everyone, read about all of our important initiatives here:
- Visit the AAOS Government Relations site to read about state and federal initiatives, opportunities to get involved, and how to contact your Member of Congress
- Read about Research Capitol Hill Days in April
- If you are a patient, share your story online; if a care provider, encourage your patients to do the same
- Read about the work of the Orthopaedic PAC
- Find an orthopaedic surgeon in your area
Visit OrthoInfo.org, the patient information web site of the AAOS, for expert orthopaedic information.
Click here for information about common musculoskeletal diseases
Click here to read about the burden of musculoskeletal diseases
Click here to read about the American Joint Replacement Registry
AAOS Clinical Practice Guidelines are valuable tools that will allow orthopaedic surgeons to advance the physician-patient communications process and enhance the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. These guidelines serve as an educational tool based on an assessment of the current scientific and clinical information and accepted approaches to treatment.
AAOS Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG)